Assertive Conversing for Couples
Take our $17.97 premarital course and save money on your Georgia marriage license! We here at D’Arienzo Psychology are excited to help you take this next step toward marital happiness and success, and want to help deepen your relationship with your future spouse. Keep reading for tips and Dr. D’Arienzo’s Assertive Conversing for Couples:
Mutual respect is the foundation of the assertive communication approach. When you speak up for yourself while respecting others’ rights to do the same, you are communicating assertively. When you are prepared to defend your rights and interests and voice your opinions and feelings, being assertive is a sign of respect for yourself. Also, it shows that you are considerate of other people’s rights and prepared to collaborate to find a solution that is acceptable to both parties.
Aggression and assertiveness are sometimes confused. Assertiveness promotes mutual respect and leads to cooperation, acceptance and trust. Promoting self-interest at the expense of others through aggressive behavior breeds hatred, mistrust, contempt, and disability.
If you feel confident, you can:
• Act in your own best interests, which may include declining a request • Stand up for yourself by expressing your rights, interests, thoughts, feelings, and personal boundaries • Show respect for others by taking into account their needs and rights, including the right to decline a request • Expect trust and equality in relationships; and Negotiate to a mutually agreeable conclusion. • Both vocal and nonverbal behaviors constitute assertive communication. The following advice can assist you with aggressive communication.
• Communicate a confident and clear message. Be consistent, be specific, be open-minded, be positive, and use “I” statements.
• You can refuse. If you want to use the word “no” to explain, so be it. Don’t apologize or justify.
• Speak in a firm, pleasant, easy to hear, and clear voice.
• Describe your problem and the goals you want to achieve.
• Stay focused and don’t stray off topic or delegate to others. • Accept the other person’s feelings and problems.
• Reiterate or summarize the other party’s views.
You can learn to communicate with confidence. The more you do it, the easier it gets and the better you get at it.
Find out more about Dr. D’Arienzo and his methods on Instagram and TikTok today!
Taking a premarital education course is vital for equipped couples to share a lifetime of marital bliss and happiness. D’Arienzo Psychology wants to help you prepare for your life together. Dr. Justin D’Arienzo is our Board-Certified Clinical Psychologist and Relationship Expert. Dr. D’Arienzo has serviced this course to couples since 2013. Hundreds of couples recommend our course and claim that it has helped set a solid foundation for marital success. Research suggests that couples who take a premarital preparation course gain an advantage over couples that do not take a premarital preparation course.
Dr. D’Arienzo wanted to develop a fully efficient, online, fully automated, fun premarital course that teaches couples how to work together. Dr. D’Arienzo has perfected all of our exercises and information to ensure that couples gain the knowledge they need. He also offers this course to couples planning on tying the knot in Florida, Georgia, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina, Oklahoma, and Minnesota.
Do you want to lead a happy marriage that lasts a lifetime? Do you want to have fun and gain inside knowledge about marriage from a leading psychologist? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then our Georgia Online Premarital Education Course is right for you! You can learn more about our Georgia Online Premarital Preparation Course Here.
assertive communication for couples assertive conversing for couples Atlanta Georgia premarital education atlanta premarital counseling atlanta premarital preparation course atlanta weddings best wedding venues in Georgia couples listening skills couples speaking skill effective communication for couples GA premarital counseling georgia marriage license discount georgia online premarital counseling Georgia premarital counseling program Georgia premarital course listening skills for couples marital dispute money and marriage resolving disagreement shared meaning in relationship tips to resolve conflict